Many practitioners are turning to Other Comprehensive Basis of Accounting (OCBOA) financial statement presentations as the complexity of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) increases. Before making this change, it is important for practitioners to understand the advantages and disadvantages of alternatives to GAAP financial statement presentations. Gain a working knowledge of the tools necessary to properly comply with the preparation, presentation, disclosure and reporting nuances of cash- and tax-basis financial statements. Additionally, key components of the AICPA's Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (FRF for SMEs) will be discussed.
This course meets the specific OCBOA requirements that CPAs are required to meet for reissuance of their license.
- OCBOA presentations: What and when?
- Income tax-basis financial statement presentations.
- Cash and modified-cash financial statement presentations.
- OCBOA engagements.
- Reporting on cash and tax-basis financial statements.
- AICPA Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (FRF for SMEs).
- Recognize professional standards applicable to OCBOA presentations.
- Identify different disclosure requirements for preparing OCBOA and GAAP presentations.
- Determine differences in the performance of OCBOA and GAAP engagements.
- Identify key differences in various examples of financial statement presentations.
- Recognize compilation, review and audit reporting requirements.
- Outline key components of the AICPA's Financial Reporting Framework for Small- and Medium-Sized Entities (FRF for SMEs).
Practitioners at all levels who are involved with the preparation of cash- and tax-basis financial statements.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:245 / 375
CPE:Accounting 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
Thomas E. Noce
California CPA Education Foundation
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.