What common frauds occur in governments and not-for-profits—and how could they have been avoided? Through a case study approach, this course illustrates common frauds that make headlines and damage the reputations of government and not-for-profit organizations. Sharpen your forensic skills with techniques that will help you uncover fraudulent activities in the governmental and not-for-profit environments.
This is an AICPA course.
Formerly titled: Government and Not-for-Profit Frauds
- Benefits misappropriation
- Personnel fraud
- Grant expense allocations
- Misappropriation of assets
- Management override
- Fictitious employees
- Pledges and contributions
- Identify how interim fraudulent reporting may impact planned reliance on internal controls and any related audit procedures.
- Determine how personnel policies and procedures can be circumvented and lead to possible fraud or abuse.
- Identify ways to follow up on noted indications of fraud, abuse and weaknesses in internal control.
- Recognize how management override of internal controls can lead to possible fraud.
- Determine how donated assets and capital assets in general might be misappropriated.
Auditors and financial staff of governmental and not-for-profit organizations.
Knowledge of government and not-for-profit sectors.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:245 / 375
CPE:Auditing (Governmental) 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:Yes
Minniti CPA LLC
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.