Overview:Anyone who has ever attended a lecture-format ethics webinar knows there is a better way. This session examines real world ethical dilemmas that others have encountered. Sometimes professionals handle their situations skillfully, sometimes they are left wondering "what happened?" long after the fact. Get prepared before something happens to you.
Once you have taken a case-based ethics class, you will never want anyone to listen to someone just read you the rules ever again.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Major Subjects:We introduce new case selections to this seminar every year. Past cases have included these issues:
How do you handle an owner who pays for personal expenses with company funds
- Can you protect the public interest without violating our profession’s confidentiality rules
- How can a corporate world CPA get in trouble with their board of accountancy
- Is a culture of fear and intimidation particularly susceptible to corporate fraud
- How can using the CPA credential get a corporate accountant in trouble
- Is exaggerating your CPE hours a violation of our professional codes of conduct
- What are your options when your employer is clearly breaking the law
- Does any legislation provide effective whistleblower protection
Objective:To examine real world ethical dilemmas.
Designed For:Corporate Financial Professionals
Prerequisites:Some knowledge of accounting ethics
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Regulatory Ethics 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
John L Daly
Executive Education Inc
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.