Overview:Pass-through entities raise a number of issues in the FICA/SECA tax areas.
The issue of reasonable compensation for S shareholders continues to be an area of interest for the IRS and recent cases have begun to address issues of applying self-employment taxes to income passing through to members of LLCs taxed as partnerships. This course will look at recent developments and planning options to deal with the issues raised.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- General applicability of FICA and SECA to various forms of compensation
- S Corporation shareholders and the issue of reasonable compensation, including factors that have led to successful IRS challenges
- Limited partner exception and the impact of the Renkemyer decision
- Documenting reasonableness of compensation in an S setting
- Planning options for the reporting of self-employment income for LLC interest holders
- Application of self employment tax to partnership passthrough income
Designed For:All CPAs with S Corp & Partnership Clients
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Taxation 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
Edward K Zollars
Nichols Patrick CPE, Inc.
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.