Overview:The proliferation of computing devices is giving accountants countless new choices and flexibility in how and where they work. This course provides a concise overview of more than 200 leading mobile devices for accountants in 30+ categories. These include smartphones, tablets, laptops, monitors, portable media players, keyboards, chargers, scanners, projectors and more. You’ll learn the must-have gadgets and gear that accountants require today to work anytime and anywhere and succeed in the new digital age.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Major Subjects:The major topics that will be covered in this course include:
- General Device Buying Tips
- Device Review
- Price Comparison Services
- Pre-Owned Devices
- Portable Media Players
- Tablets, eReaders and Ultralight Laptops
- Chromebooks Digital Pens
- Mobile Keyboards, Chargers, Monitors, Scanners, Projectors, and Printers
- Monitor Software
- 3D Printers
- Smart Watches
- Wireless Storage
- Portable Computers
- Health Devices, Smart Glasses, and Smart Contacts
- Self-Driving Cars and Connected Cars
- The Future of Mobile Devices
Objective:Upon completion of this course you will have learned how to:
- List common-sense technology buying tips that every accountant should know.
- Discuss the five major mobile ecosystems and how they compare.
- Describe the key differences between Apple and Android devices.
- Highlight the leading online research hubs where you can compare device prices and performance specs.
- Discuss services that pay cash for used mobile devices and track the current value of electronics you own.
- Review the latest smartphones and tablets from Samsung, Apple, HTC, Google, Blackberry, Nokia and more.
Designed For:Practitioners at all levels who want to explore all their mobile device options.
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Computer Science 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
CPA Crossings, LLC
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.