Overview:Gain a comprehensive and practical understanding of the various complex tax laws dealing with property transactions from acquisition to disposition. This course provides analysis of the rules dealing with depreciation, amortization, like-kind exchanges, involuntary conversions and sale of property. It also covers important property-related timing issues and planning opportunities that can lead to significant tax savings for C Corporations and S Corporations.
Major Subjects:* Capital improvements and repair
* Adjusted tax basis
* Tax depreciation and amortization
* First year expensing-IRC section 179
* Depreciation methods
* Form 3115, change in accounting method
Objective:* Calculate the initial tax basis and adjusted tax basis of business property
* Recall how to determine the tax basis of self-constructed assets
* Distinguish between deductible repairs and capitalized improvements under new tax provisions
* Indicate the proper classification of expenditures for tax purposes
* Recall recent changes in the tax rules related to classification of expenditures
* Recognize deduction recognition issues related to amortization
* Recall fundamental points of the MACRS system of depreciation/cost recovery
* Recognize eligibility for immediate §179 expensing
Designed For:Public accounting staff and senior associates, tax professionals in company finance or tax departments
Member/Nonmember Fees:185 / 264
CPE:Taxes 4 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
7887 E Belleview Ave
Denver, CO 80111
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.