Overview:Is LLC and partnership taxation something new to you? Perhaps you have worked in this area for years but need a quick review of the fundamental concepts? Build a foundation of knowledge or freshen up your skills. This course addresses the tax consequences of the most common transactions engaged in by LLCs and partnerships. Develop a level of comfort with the basic conceptual framework underlying partnership and LLC taxation, with an emphasis on explaining the tax consequences associated with issues that are most frequently confronted by tax practitioners.
Major Subjects:* Tax structure of partnerships and LLCs
* Tax consequences of partnership or LLC formation
* Partnership distributions
* Compensatory payments to partners
* Overview of profit and loss allocations
Objective:* Recall how partnerships and LLCs opting to be treated as partnerships will report their federal taxable income to the IRS
* Calculate the tax basis of assets transferred to a newly formed partnership or LLC
* Recognize the tax consequences and liabilities property transfers can have on a partnership or LLC
* Distinguish between distributions and compensatory payments to partners, and recognize tax consequences of each type of payment
Designed For:Public accounting staff, seniors, and tax professionals in company finance or tax departments
Member/Nonmember Fees:185 / 264
CPE:Taxes 4 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
7887 E Belleview Ave
Denver, CO 80111
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.