Overview:Are you ready to take your role as controller to the next level while adding significant value to the organization? A successful Controller will go beyond financial statements, internal controls and general accounting to create new value for the organization. We’ll explore new additional roles that controllers are now accepting and outline a roadmap you can use to expand your role as a controller from simply internal process/transaction oriented to externally focused understanding of industry and macro trends.
Major Subjects:* Leadership vs. Management
* Business and strategic planning processes
* Corporate culture
* Lean management techniques and processes
* Promoting and maintaining an ethical culture
* Recruiting, retaining and developing employees
* Project and change management
* Communications, listening and presentation skills
* Managing “up” and how to master it
* Business Strategy and the Controller
* The need for increased efficiency and the application of Lean techniques
* Application of best practices in the Accounting Department
Objective:* Differentiate between the value of the traditional controller and the business oriented controller
* Recall the definition of controllership in your company by integrating controllership into the larger financial and organization leadership function
* Distinguish your role within your organization
* Apply a wide variety of financial and management skills to integrate the position of controller into the organization’s overall financial process
* Recognize how Servant Leadership increases the success of the controller
Designed For:CFOs, controllers and management accountants who want to improve the value add and impact of their skill set in order to drive the financial performance of an organization
Prerequisites:Experience in financial management of a medium or small company
Member/Nonmember Fees:365 / 521
CPE:Business Management and Organization 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
7887 E Belleview Ave
Denver, CO 80111
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.