Overview:Steve Brodzin was Controller for a not-for-profit children’s hospital. He supervised a small staff, was trusted by management and the Board of Directors, and relied on that trust and a background in public accounting to take more than $800,000. Today Steve shares his experience to help employers to be more vigilant in protecting assets and to discourage employees from losing everything and possibly going to prison.
Major Subjects:In this interview with Gary Zeune, Brodzin will explain:
- How he rationalized his theft
- The lack of controls and oversight that allowed it to continue
- How he covered his tracks on the general ledger
- How he manipulated banks and set up fake entities
- The consequences for himself and the hospital
- Most importantly, the simple controls that would have detected his fraud earlier.
Objective:After the webinar, the attendee will understand
- How a trusted employee can become a thief
- How management can avoid becoming a victim
- Easy ways to detect fraud
Designed For:CEOs, CPAs, bankers, executives, internal auditors, regulators, controllers, CFOs, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Regulatory Ethics 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
Gary D Zeune, CPA, CFE
Pros & The Cons LLC, The
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.