Overview:This program presents a detailed analysis of the real estate professional passive activity rules, including forms reporting examples.
- Definition of a real estate professional.
- Pros and cons of being a real estate professional.
- Integration of the real estate professional rules with reporting on form 1040, schedule E.
- Real estate professionals and indirectly owned (partnerships, S corporations) reporting on Firm 1040, Schedule E.
- Real estate professionals and the Form 8582 (passive activities).
- How to make the "grouping" election.
- Several real-life situations illustrate the various possibilities and discuss the consequences of failing to comply with the real estate professional standards.
- Real estate professionals and "former passive activities" rules.
Objective:To provide a working knowledge of the passive activity rules for "real estate professionals" and show how these situations should be reported on various tax forms.
Designed For:CPAs working in public accounting firms and members in industry.
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Tax 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
Steven C Dilley
Federal Tax Workshops, Inc.
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.