Overview:Studies show that ethical lapses are more likely to happen if an organization’s culture is uncivil. Workplace ethics and civility are powerfully connected because what we call "manners" are behaviors developed over millennia to avoid destructive acts and build trust. People treasure their personal dignity, have amazingly long memories for personal slights, and thrive when treated with respect. In the workplace, rudeness, blustering, and bullying may win the occasional battle, but usually lose the war when it comes to lasting prestige and power.
- This session explains how civility and ethics reinforce one another and offers 25 rules to foster considerate conduct in and out of the workplace.
- They give us proven tools for avoiding destructive acts and for building trust within or between all human groups, including business organizations.
- This program explains the role of politeness, courtesy, and civility within the workplace and how those behaviors both generate and reinforce ethical business conduct.
- Understand the basis of civil behaviors
- Recognize the meaning and proven value of civility
- Review the enduring universal rules for civil behavior and advantage
- Reflect of the cost of incivility
Designed For:Corporate Financial Managers
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Behavioral Ethics 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
Diane D White
Executive Education Inc
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.