Overview:This CPE session will speak to the topic that is (or should be) on the minds of many owners and/or partners of tax and accounting firms. Succession will happen - you cannot stop it - but it would be most beneficial if it can happen on your terms. We will review many considerations that are critically important when thinking of succession planning: culture, opportunity, value, staff, clients and, last but not least, you and your legacy. This session will speak to the “do’s and don’ts” and the “why’s and won’ts” of succession planning.
Many questions will be addressed during this session which include but are not limited to:
- What are the key succession planning strategies?
- When should I start and why does my book of business determine this?
- What is the perfect fit with respect to a successor firm?
- How do I get a premium for my practice?
- What is the impact of current industry demographics on the value of my practice?
- What are the 5 major variables for determining practice value and how do they impact me?
- Why your CPA friend should not necessarily be your successor
- What are the Rules, Roles, Responsibilities and expected Realization of a good succession plan?
- What due diligence should I perform if I am selling or transitioning my practice?
- Answers to the questions—When, How and With Whom?
Objective:You will likely only transition your practice once, and the purpose of this session is to answer many important questions that any owner or partner should consider prior to beginning the process of succession planning or speaking to another firm about succession.
Designed For:Owners/partners of tax and accounting firms that are considering a sale, merger or affiliation with another firm for purposes of succession within the next 1-5 years.
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:49 / 49
CPE:Business Management & Organization 1 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
Lon M. Goforth
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.