Overview:Until recently, paying vendors was a simple matter of processing an invoice and issuing a check. No longer. Ongoing advances in technology, credit card, debit card, and ACH require advanced payment techniques. With that trend, unfortunately, are coming new opportunities for fraudsters to steal from your organization.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Major Subjects:Peter Goldmann will show you....
- Who commits each major type of payment fraud—focusing on check, ACH and P-Card schemes
- Inside secrets from actual fraudsters
- Vendor billing schemes that exploit payment process control weaknesses
- Latest electronic payment schemes (ACH hijacking, spear-phishing, social engineering and more)
- Check counterfeiting, forgery and tampering schemes to be aware of
- How to detect common external payments schemes versus internal attacks
Objective:At the conclusion of the webinar you will be able to….
- Conduct a cost-effective Fraud Risk Assessment of your most commonly used payment methods
- Identify the critical red flags of all forms of check, ACH and P-card fraud
- Detect payment fraud before material financial damage occurs
- Obtain optimal payment fraud prevention tools from your financial institution
- Recommend a better payment fraud control structure—including the segregation of duties, employee background checks and employee awareness training
Designed For:CPAs, bankers, senior financial executives, internal auditors, AP managers, operations managers, controllers, CFOs, treasurers, compliance officers, security and risk managers
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Accounting 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
CPA Crossings, LLC
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.