Overview:This program reviews the statutory and regulatory guidance as they relate to travel, entertainment and business transportation expenses, with a focus on planning opportunities. Recent federal tax legislation, cases and rulings will also be addressed.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- Definition of what qualifies as a travel expense.
- Definition of what qualifies as an entertainment expense.
- Strategies to deduct business transportation expenses.
- Deductibility of meals.
- Situations not subject to the 50% meals and entertainment reduction.
- How to handle automobile issues related to commuting vs. business transportation.
- Proper accounting for deductible vs. non-deductible expenditures.
- The four steps to analyze business expenses.
- The latest federal legislation, cases and rulings.
To provide the "big picture" of qualified deductible expenses.
To provide guidance on what to do and when to do it.
Designed For:CPAs working in public accounting and members in industry responsible for reviewing and determining travel and entertainment expense reporting.
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Taxation 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
Steven C Dilley
Federal Tax Workshops, Inc.
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.