Overview:For most organizations, the procure-to-pay cycle (P2P) offers extensive opportunity for increased operational efficiency. However, it also provides numerous opportunities for fraudsters to exploit control deficiencies in all three stages—purchasing, receiving and disbursements.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
Major Subjects:Goldmann will show you……
- Who commits fraud in each segment of the P2P Cycle and why they do it
- Inside secrets from actual fraudsters
- Vendor billing schemes
- Vendor Master File frauds
- Shipment diversion/theft schemes
- Shipping document falsification
- Latest payments schemes (ACH hijacking, social engineering and more
- Check fraud and tampering
- How easy it can be for Procurement to collude with vendors in costly kickback schemes
- Abusing the competitive bidding process for personal gain
- Conflicts of interest
Objective:At the conclusion of the webinar you will be able to….
- Conduct a quick and cost-effective Fraud Risk Assessment of Procurement, Receiving and AP
- Implement effective P2P fraud detection techniques and build audit practices to detect the red flags of the many frauds threatening your P2P operations
- Implement best-practice anti-fraud control strategies for P2P
- Advise management on fraud risk mitigation
- Recommend a better anti-fraud control structure
Designed For:CPAs, bankers, senior financial executives, internal auditors, purchasing managers, AP managers, operations managers, controllers, CFOs, compliance officers, security and risk managers
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:79 / 79
CPE:Accounting 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:N
CPA Crossings, LLC
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.