Leave this class with a practical checklist that you can use to counsel clients on entity choices. And we’ll discuss a very recent IRS release that helps clarify self-employment tax in the context of LLCs.
Almost all CPAs encounter the following question from clients: “What type of entity should my business be?” Answer that question using real-world strategies that will assist you in helping clients reduce their tax liabilities by proper selection of the best entity for the particular situation.
- "Check the box rules"
- C corp, S corp and partnership tax rules
- Partnerships vs. S corps: Contribution of property and services; allocation of income; transfer of ownership interests; redemptions, liquidations and owners retiring; and owner compensation/self-employed income and other benefits
- Estate planning when dealing with different business structures
- When and how to convert
- Identify issues related to choice of entity.
- Recognize useful tax planning ideas.
CPAs and CPA aspirants in public practice; tax staff in private practice.
Basic knowledge of federal income tax and state taxes.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:245 / 375
CPE:Taxes 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.