With the use of GAAP for private companies in the early implementation stages, we still are expecting approval of some form of IFRS for public companies and the possible revision of financial statement presentation for all businesses in the next few years. Gain insight into the future of private company reporting and the choices regarding available reporting options. All CPAs, practitioners, members of the industry and educators need to be aware of these critical and pending events that will dramatically shift the accounting environment, as the immediate areas of concern extend beyond simple accounting changes.
Formerly titled: Financial Reporting for Private Companies and SMEs: The Approaching Perfect Storm!
- History of private company accounting in the U.S.
- Current status of U.S. GAAP reporting options for private companies.
- Differences between IFRS for SMEs and U.S. GAAP.
- Financial reporting options for nonpublic companies.
- Business issues impacted by these pending changes.
- Identify the structure of IASB.
- Identify major differences between IFRS for SMEs and U.S. GAAP.
- Determine private company reporting options in the U.S.
- Identify the current implementation status of private company GAAP and the Financial Reporting Framework.
CPAs, practitioners, industry financial professionals and educators.
Knowledge of financial reporting.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:245 / 375
CPE:Accounting 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
William F O'Brien
Executive Education Inc
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.