The IRS has tripled its number of international examiners and has aggressively audited international tax issues, making it even more important that taxpayers with an international tax issue be prepared to defend their position on audit. Misey draws upon his experience at the IRS Chief Counsel (International) and his time working with multi-industry clientele to help attendees navigate today's international tax controversy landscape and be able to respond to and resolve IRS international tax audits.
- IRS tools to obtain information in an international audit, including information from foreign countries.
- Dealing with IRS requests for foreign site visits.
- Procedural tools for taxpayers to eliminate double taxation, such as the competent authority process.
- Tips and traps of dealing with the IRS on audit issues, such as foreign tax credits, transfer pricing and Subpart F.
- Identify international tax issues the IRS is scrutinizing.
- Determine and explain the U.S. international tax audit process.
- Recognize opportunities for audit resolution.
CPAs and financial professionals in public practice advising clients and businesses.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:60 / 94
CPE:Taxes 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.