Cybercrime is a growing threat that's causing companies to lose billions of dollars annually—and new and emerging threats are forcing businesses to explore and implement increasingly sophisticated and responsive countermeasures. You'll take a look at the latest security threats related to keeping data in the cloud and mobile devices; why antivirus can't keep up; the latest scams; social engineering concerns; and how technological advances and proper strategies help users reasonably address and mitigate risks.
- Latest scams/threats.
- Social Engineering.
- Data and mobile device security.
- How Internet-of-Things (IoT) is increasing overall risk
- Multi-factor authentication.
- Identify how to guard against the most common scams and threats.
- Recognize steps to ensure systems and data are protected.
- Determine security policies and monitoring procedures.
- Identify security practices that do and don't work.
CPAs and business professionals who want to learn more about safeguarding critical business data.
- Experience working with computers for daily tasks.
- Familiarity with use of passwords, antivirus software, applying product patches and performing backups.
- Awareness of security policies and controls.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:60 / 94
CPE:Computer Software and Applications 2 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.