Gain essential knowledge, skills and training to perform business valuations. Learn how such valuations relate to gift and estate tax planning, succession planning, buy-sell agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and general business planning. Explore special business valuation applications, including GAAP's fair value, family law and dissolution valuations.
- Purposes for which a business interest may be valued.
- Define the interest to be valued: standard, premise and level of value.
- Approaches to valuing a business and when to use them.
- Valuation adjustments.
- GAAP fair value.
- California valuation issues.
- Revenue rulings, case law and standards related to business valuation.
- Identify business valuation steps and reasons for their order.
- Recognize key terms related to business valuation.
- Determine common errors made in valuing businesses and how to avoid them.
- Identify trends in business valuation, including how to apply the AICPA's business valuation standards to your practice.
CPAs and other professionals who want to understand the key elements of business valuations.
General knowledge of business structures, business ownership, business operations and finance.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:245 / 375
CPE:Finance 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
Richard S. Barnes, CPA
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.