Nothing is the same in the investing world after the "lost decade" of 2000-09—the "Great Recession" and the advent of "flash crashes." Develop a working knowledge of mutual fund investing in this new age. Dive into the definition and governance of mutual funds; analyzing fund investment style, performance, statistics and expenses; and understanding industry topics and trends, including passive vs. active investing, exchange traded funds and market timing.
- Mutual fund fundamentals: Types, history, organization, distribution, pricing, taxation and expenses
- Research and evaluation resources
- Account titling
- Style analysis
- Statistical risk measures
- Asset allocation and diversification
- Household portfolio management
- Market conditions
- Identify tools and resources for analyzing mutual funds.
- Determine how to increase your odds of selecting top-performing funds.
- Recognize how to construct and manage an investment portfolio comprised of mutual funds.
- Recall how to monitor performance and control risk.
- Recognize and avoid costly mistakes.
CPAs who invest on their own or advise on or manage mutual fund portfolios, as well as those desiring a more in-depth knowledge about how to evaluate, select and manage mutual fund investments.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:245 / 375
CPE:Specialized Knowledge 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
Patrick D. Powers, CPA, PFS, CFA
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.