Delve into research techniques, advanced Social Security concepts and rules. Better serve clients and improve the marketing of Social Security services. Gain confidence to be proactive in helping clients sort through their Social Security options with this comprehensive course.
- Family maximum
- Annual earnings test
- Delayed retirement credits
- Spousal benefits and surviving spouse benefits
- Children’s benefits, specifically the definition of children
- Social Security options software
- Alternative pension plans for government workers
- Legislation to change Social Security
- Means testing
- Application process
- Online Social Security calculators
- Client consultations
- Determine how to choose among the many Social Security options software.
- Recognize how to navigate Program Operations Manual System and the Social Security Administration website.
- Identify advanced Social Security research techniques and planning strategies.
- Recognize the connection between Railroad Pension and Social Security.
- Determine how to market Social Security services.
CPAs in industry and public practice as well as financial advisers.
Basic understanding of Social Security.
Vendor:CalCPA Education Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:245 / 375
CPE:Specialized Knowledge 8 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
California CPA Education Foundation
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.