Learn advanced editing and production skills using Microsoft Word. Employ tools and functionality to speed document creation while making more powerful and elegant presentations.
Did you know that simply by utilizing the built-in headings, found under Styles, in Microsoft Word you can create an automatic table of contents that can be updated in a matter of seconds if the body of the document changes? Or that Word 2013 can be used to open, edit and re-save PDF documents? How about the fact that by using the Insert Caption tool in conjunction with the Cross-Reference feature, users can rid themselves of the need to manually renumber figures, tables or illustrations and will not even need to update references to these in the document text?
This material shows tools and features that are easy to understand and use, will save time, and add consistently to documents. Participants in this session will come away knowing the power of Microsoft Word; this knowledge will benefit them greatly.
- Best Practices for those creating Word documents of all types
- Using Word Styles to enhance and organize documents
- Word features like PDF editing, automatic tables of contents, and cross-referencing that save time and add value
- Save options and security available for Microsoft Word files
- Recognize ways to improve Word documents presentations.
- List three benefits of using Word Styles in documents.
- Create more consistent and easy to read Word files.
- Identify features hidden within the application that people should know about.
CPAs, accountants, and business and financial professionals.
An understanding of Word conventions.
Vendor:CalCPA Ed Foundation
Member/Nonmember Fees:60 / 94
CPE:Computer Software and Applications 2 hour(s)
Karl W Egnatoff, CPA, CITP
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.