Overview:Incredible story of how a high school graduate stole $53 MILLION from a town of 16,000 people with a $10 million budget.
This event may be a rebroadcast of a live event and the instructor will be available to answer your questions either during or after the event.
- A fraud so outrageous, it’s a movie
- Were the auditors independent?
- How Crundwell evaded detection for 20 years
- Impact on CPAs’ license
- How did the auditors assess risk?
- What audit procedures were performed, or not
- Fake documents Crundwell created
- Did the auditors detect the fraud?
- Actual court filings for the malpractice lawsuit
- What were the malpractice allegations?
- How much the fraud cost the auditors
- What happened to Crundwell’s family
What you will learn:
- How to comply with independence requirements
- How to maintain professional skepticism
- How to comply with the requirement to be competent
- How to identify conflicts of interest
- Simple controls that would have deterred the theft
- The damage of a malpractice lawsuit
Designed For:City managers, mayors, fiscal officers, CPAs, bankers, executives, internal auditors, regulators, controllers, purchasing,, attorneys, compliance officers, risk managers
Vendor:CPA Crossings, LLC
Member/Nonmember Fees:129 / 185
CPE:Auditing (Governmental) 4 hour(s)
Yellow Book Credit:No
Gary D Zeune, CPA, CFE
Pros & The Cons LLC, The
Cancellation or transfer requests made six(6) business days or more prior to the program, no fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made two(2) to five(5) business days prior to the program, $25 fee assessed.
Cancellation or transfer requests made one business day prior to the program, $50 fee assessed.
Day of program or no notice of cancellation, 100 percent course fee assessed.
If you transfer from an in-person class course to a webcast, the above policies apply.
Remember, the COCPA reserves the right to cancel a course seven days prior to the program date. Please keep this cancellation policy in mind when making your travel plans and airline reservations. The COCPA will not be liable for flight cancellation penalties due to our cancellation.
To cancel or transfer a course, please contact the Member Services department at 303-773-2877 or 800-523-9082.