Conference and Committee Volunteer Opportunities
Participate in crucial decisions about COCPA's CPE programs. Volunteering to participate on a board or committee gives you the benefit of having a direct influence on your COCPA. Please consider the volunteer opportunities listed below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Get the most out of the conference you attend - assist with planning
the agenda and enjoy the conference at half price. We need your input to help develop the content and recommend
the speakers that make COCPA programs exceptional, so we're offering committee members a half-price registration fee.
Concerned about the time commitment? Most conference
committees accomplish the necessary planning in just two sessions—minimizing the time required. The following is a
list of all upcoming conference planning opportunities:
- CPAs in Industry
- Accounting and Auditing
- Real Estate
- SEC and PCAOB
To participate on a conference planning committee, contact Brehan McDonough (Brē-n)
at (303) 741-8621 or (800) 523-9082, ext. 121.
CPE Board Member
We also need volunteers for the CPE Board, which oversees,
coordinates, and monitors the activities and operation of the COCPA-CPE program. Committee activities and commitments include the following:
- Meet five times a year, starting in May and ending in January
- Develop a long-range strategic plan for the CPE program
- Oversee the activities of the CPE Compliance Committee
- Initiate, review, revise, and approve policies necessary to accomplish objectives of the CPE program
- Approve course fees and recommend changes to the Board of Directors
- Manage the fiscal accountability of the CPE program in coordination with the CPE staff
To participate on the CPE Board, contact Rebecca Campbell at (303) 741-8618 or (800) 523-9082, ext. 118.
CPE Compliance Committee Volunteer
The COCPA strives to be a high-level professional organization, so we ask our members to maintain and/or improve their professional competence. We have CPE requirements for most of our member types (see below). For this reason, we do a random sample, pulling approximately 200 member names and requesting CPE documentation for verification, every even-numbered year. We have current volunteer opportunities available for this committee.
To participate on the CPE Compliance Committee, contact Rebecca Campbell at (303) 741-8618 or (800) 523-9082, ext. 118.
COCPA CPE Membership Requirements
Active Certificate with the Colorado State Board of Accountancy
- Engaged in public practice - 80 hours
- Not engaged in public practice - 80 hours
- Certain Associate members in public practice - 80 hours
Inactive Certificate with Colorado State Board of Accountancy
- Not engaged in public practice - 60 hours
- Certain Associate members not in public practice - 60 hours (The State Board does NOT require CPE for CPAs with inactive certificates)
- Students, certain Associate members, firm administrators, retired, and life time members - no CPE requirement
Other Volunteer Opportunities
There are many opportunities to volunteer for other COCPA committees,
task forces, and member forums. You can find out how to get involved at