Technology Users Group
The mission of the Technology Users Group is to give members interested in technology a forum to connect,
share resources, and learn from each other. The users group holds meetings every other month for one hour to
discuss technology topics of interest. We are also creating a list of members with expertise that are willing
to help other members with technology questions To join this group or to get help with a question, email
October 5 at 1:00 pm
Amy Vetter, CPA
Join Xero’s Chief Relationship Officer, Amy Vetter, for a discussion on how Xero helps accountant and bookkeeper practices deliver new services to their clients. She will also discuss how Artificial intelligence is one of the most significant shifts in the industry since the invention of the computer spreadsheet, and how Xero is utilizing it in their software. She will demonstrate how you can expect artificial intelligence technology to change the way you work with your clients, your staff, and yourself.
November 9 at 1:00 pm
Credentialed by the AICPA
Jim Gilbert, CPA
Jim Gilbert, CPA LLC
CITPs in Business & Industry:
- Credentialed by the AICPA
- Recognized for their unique ability to provide business insight by leveraging knowledge of information relationships and supporting technologies
CITPs in Public Practice:
- Develop and maintain information governance policies and programs, perform data analytics, provide insight for business decisions, and supports financial reporting system implementation
- Evaluate the impact of technology risks and the related controls on financial statement audits.
- Assess technology risk and information management, support system implementations, and evaluate security and privacy program
February 8 at 1:00 pm
Strategies for Preventing a Breach and Assessing Your Cybersecurity Risk Management Program
Troy Fine, CPA, CITP, CISA
Daniel Desko, CISA, CISSP, CTPRP
Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.
Cybersecurity attacks are constantly making headlines in the news and cyber risk mitigation is on the forefront of the minds of boards of directors and others charged with corporate governance. The ways to mitigate against these attacks are often confusing and it’s hard to know where to begin. Join us as we help you simplify the process and arm you with best practice cyber security controls that will protect you and your business.
- Overview of the Current State of Cybersecurity
- Must Ask Questions to Prevent Your Organization from Being Breached
- Methods for Assessing Your Organization’s Cybersecurity Risk Management Program (i.e. SOC for Cybersecurity Examination)
To participate in this program email Rebecca at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Presentations and Resources
IRS Audit on Your Firm's IT Policies and Practices
Davis and Larson
IT Risk Assessment
Presentation Not Available
John Higgins, CPA CITP
The CPA Firm of Now!
Carolyn Chasteen, CPA, CITP, CGMA
SBS Group Denver