Course ID: PAFRU
Accounting & Financial Reporting Update: Highlights of the Latest Financial Statement Issues
This course focuses on explaining the theory behind major issues and trends, enabling professionals to understand the most important aspects of relevant technical standards related to accounting and financial reporting.
- Describe “hot topics” in accounting and financial reporting.
- Explain current trends related to accounting alternatives related to private companies.
- Discuss practical examples of implementing changing technical requirements.
- When and why you should implement the private company GAAP alternatives .
- The latest FASB standard-setting activity, including significant projects on the horizon.
- Preparing for implementing the new revenue recognition model.
- Understanding impact of changing lease accounting.
- The impact of new financial instruments accounting rules as it relates to entities not in specialized industries such as financial institutions and insurance.
Who Should Attend
Public and industry accountants at all levels interested in remaining current on professional, technical and relevant regulatory requirements.
Fields of StudyAccounting
Knowledge of currently effective technical standards.