Get a comprehensive review of current accounting standards that impact practitioners in industry. Recent auditing pronouncements and related developments which affect CPAs in industry will be addressed. While the course will review many of the major pronouncements of the past ten years, coverage and emphasis will be customized to the interests of the participants. Choose the topics to be covered in this seminar based on your interests.
Course ID: FRI
Accounting Standards Review for Controllers and Finance Professionals (Latest Edition)
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the reporting options provided by FASB and AICPA for non-public companies.
- Learn how FASB & IASB’s convergence agenda is reshaping revenue recognition, lease accounting, and financial instrument reporting.
- Receive an update on recent trends in fraud reporting and internal control.
- Obtain a broad-based understanding of a wide range of accounting issues that affect practitioners in industry, both today and in the coming 12 months.
- Understand how SEC, AcSEC, EITF, ASB, and IASB are adapting to demands for different, more timely, and accurate financial information.
- Overview of accounting standard setting.
- Update on private company reporting .
- Revenue recognition, transitioning to the new standard.
- Lease accounting.
- Financial instrument accounting.
- Fair value accounting.
- A practical guide to impairment.
- Contingencies and subsequent events.
- Principles-based accounting.
- Internal control reporting in public and non-public entities.
- Business combinations & goodwill accounting.
Who Should Attend
CPAs in industry who prepare and analyze financial reports; CPAs in practice with industry clients who need an overview of current accounting standards will also find the course to be beneficial.
Fields of StudyAccounting