Diversity In Generations
While no two people are alike, there are some patterns of behavior and thinking that can in general be applied to groups of different ages. Because we have growingly diverse age ranges in the organizations it is helpful to be aware of the needs and backgrounds of those working around and alongside us so that we can benefit from each other’s traits and wisdom.
- Recognize common characteristics of various identified generations existing in today’s workplaces, history etc.
- Discuss stereotypes and review current news articles and research on ages
- Share ways to open dialog and promote understanding across the years
- Presentation of current statistics and expected demographics over next two decades
- Present the various “Gen” models to aid in relevant discussion
- Explore personal beliefs and possible biases in group setting
- End with positive action compilation
Who Should Attend
All levels of staff
Fields of StudyPersonnel/Human Resources