Mentoring is a hot topic in many organizations. The assumption is if mentoring is good, we should ensure it occurs. Underlying that assumption is a belief that experienced professionals have a lot to share with less-experienced professionals. However, mentoring is as much about chemistry and personality as it is about structure. Further, mentoring only from the top down does not capitalize on the opportunity for reciprocal mentoring: less experienced and usually younger professionals can bring valuable skills, knowledge and perspective to the more experienced professionals, who can then share their skills, experience and wisdom.
Course ID: RM
Sharing Skills Between Generations
- Mentoring vs. coaching process.
- Learn to define the difference between skills and knowledge, and between knowledge and wisdom.
- Complexity and new perspective, and its impact on individuals and organizations.
- Generational differences and how they can help individuals and organizations address change more effectively.
- Problem types and reciprocal mentoring.
- Missing pieces and building on strengths.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who want to further their own and/or their organization’s growth and success.
Fields of StudyCommunications & Marketing