How often do managers choose to do it themselves instead of delegate? How often do they micromanage solid employees and what does this do to employee/team motivation and morale?
Course ID: DFR
Situational Delegation – Inspiring Accountability in Your Employees
- Learn skills that will give you more confidence and fewer problems in the delegation process.
- Get more done in less time, utilizing a more motivated team.
- What is situational delegation and why is it critical.
- How to motivate employees to want to earn your trust with delegated work.
- The secret behind motivating “difficult” team members to successfully complete delegated projects on time, on target and with minimal follow-up.
- Delegate to all types of team members and still maintain control over the quality of the work.
- When to delegate an assignment that takes longer to explain than to do it yourself.
- Key rules for when to micromanage and when to macro-manage.
- Why clarifying expectations is an important problem solving/time management tool.
- Develop a simple management tool to keep track of delegated work and three strategic ways to manage it.
- How to overcome two delegation obstacles that get in the way.
- Four ways to minimize the “do it myself” syndrome.
- Go from me to we as a manager.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who need to successfully manage projects and teams
Fields of StudyPersonnel/HR