SSARS 21 was the most significant change in requirements related to preparing financial statements, compilations and reviews. This course will answer the most frequently asked questions related to applying SSARS 21 on attest and nonattest engagements. (Available in 2, 4 or 8 hour format)
Course ID: FAQS
SSARS Engagements – Answering the Most Frequently Asked Questions
- Describe the major implementation questions related to SSARS 21 * Explain the difference between bookkeeping, preparing financial statements and other non-attest services.
- Answer frequently asked questions related to SSARS engagements.
- Differentiating between preparation of financial statements and other non-attest services.
- Practical means of noting lack of assurance when preparing financial statements.
- Special considerations in prescribed form engagements.
- Engagement letters that cover multiple services.
- Minimum documentation in compilation engagements.
- Independence considerations and appropriate disclaimers.
- Major changes in review engagements, including engagement letters, representation letters, and review reports.
- Which engagements trigger peer review.
Who Should Attend
Public accountants who perform SSARS engagements.
Fields of StudyAccounting