When you speak, would you like people to actively listen? Do you want what you are saying to be understood? And most importantly, do your people take action based on your presentation? Not everyone loves numbers, but everyone loves a good story. Go from the “bored room” to the board room by finding the story behind the numbers and learning to present it in a meaningful and persuasive manner.
Course ID: TELSTORY
Telling the Story Behind the Numbers: What, So What, Now What
- Define your audience and identify what they want to hear and what they need to hear.
- Discover a 3-step method for finding the story in every report.
- How to start your presentation to gain and keep attention.
- Translate finance and accounting terminology into English using context and metaphor.
- Put the power back in PowerPoint – do’s and don’ts for impactful slides.
- Identify the best type of chart to use to express your message.
- Use your financial reports to practice outlining a presentation and slide preparation.
- Conducting financial analysis.
- Preparing a business case.
- The do’s and don’ts of financial presentations.
- Strategic action planning.
- Consensus building skills.
Who Should Attend
CPAs, Professionals from Managers up to Managing Partners and CFOs wanting to enhance their skills and abilities to explain financial information to associates and clients.
Fields of StudyCommunications & Marketing