Recent research from the AICPA suggests that the business environment for accountants and their clients will be characterized by “unprecedented, massive and highly accelerated change” through 2025, and likely beyond. Not surprisingly, clients are demanding that their CPAs and accountants provide them with future-focused, proactive business advice — but only 8 percent of CPAs who responded to a recent survey say they are future-ready, and even fewer say they have the time to become so. This session will examine the trends that are impacting our profession and offer five steps that CPAs and accountants can take to become future-ready. By the end of the session, participants have learned how to anticipate these trends and move from being crisis managers to opportunity managers. (Available in 1-3 hour format) OPTIONAL GROUP ACTIVITY: Following the presentation, we often lead participants through a facilitated exercise that will help them set actionable steps that will elevate and accelerate their organization’s strategy.
Course ID: WAVES
The Future Ready Accountant: Moving From Compliance to Reliance
- Identify current and future trends that are impacting organizations and clients.
- Create the time and capacity needed to become future-ready.
- Recognize and understand emerging innovation faster.
- Base strategy on certainties to increase the odds of success and decrease risk.
- Identify the competencies that accounting and finance professionals need to succeed going forward.
- Anticipate trends and move from being crisis managers to opportunity managers.
- Exponential change that shows no signs of slowing down.
- Positioning our organizations to take advantage of disruptive changes before they arrive.
- Examine the trends that are impacting our profession and learn five steps that CPAs and accountants can take to become future-ready.
Who Should Attend
Early Career, Mid-Level, and Senior-Level Professionals in Accounting Firms or Industry.
Fields of StudyBusiness Management and Organization