2019 CPAs In Industry Conference
Every year there are new issues – and new dimensions to perennial issues – that affect CPAs working in business and industry. The annual CPAs in Industry Conference is designed to address key economic trends, innovative technological, and regulatory issues that affect you and your organization.
To provide a forum to discuss issues of interest to the CPA in industry.
A committee of COCPA members will develop the agenda for this year’s conference.
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Englewood, CO 80112 US
8:30 am - 4:30 pm MDT
Englewood, CO 80112 US
Total CPE Credits
The question is not whether we should compete *or* cooperate; rather, we need to compete *and* cooperate.
- Why “principled negotiation” will achieve better results in longer term relationships.
- Understand the usefulness of multiple negotiation styles.
- How to increase your leverage by harnessing the power of BATNA.
Michael Sean. Fitzgerald
Observations from our own practices on the ways the tax landscape has moved and where it may be headed given tax rates, tariffs, and the like.
Understanding of Wayfair and the requirements
- History of the Wayfair decision
- State’s responses to date
- Colorado response
Information to help them better understand/interpret the prospects for growth in their industry
- How will a slower GDP growth rate impact Colorado?
- Can employment growth continue with the lack of available workforce?
- Which industry sectors will see the most/least growth?
- Rev recognition – implementation strategies, lessons learned and misconceptions
- Lease – basic overview
- Private company deferrals being contemplated
IA is a continuum of automation capabilities that companies can use to automate both business processes and operations.
- Market perspective on where IA is going
- Understand spectrum of IA technologies
- Deep dive into Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
We will cover recent changes in Colorado law based on the very active latest legislative session.
- Background checks
- Ban-the-box restrictions
- Salary history ban, equal pay requirements
- New developments in the non-compete sphere
- New requirements and restrictions that employers should be aware of
Register separately at cocpa.org/Fall-Happy-Hour