New insights for a changing regulatory landscape.
Ever since the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002, CPAs have an elevated opportunity to provide expertise and guidance to benefit their organizations and the public. At the annual SEC and PCAOB Conference, attendees can expect to learn about new regulatory issues and how they will affect audits, reporting, and governance for public companies.
To update participants on the latest developments in the SEC and PCAOB arena.
CPAs and finance professionals wanting an update on the latest issues in the public company arena.
Gain a better understanding of current FASB technical agenda projects and the difficulties of creating standards for evolving technologies and processes.
– Overview of recent changes to FASB’s technical agenda
– Accounting for crypto assets
– Accounting for environmental credit programs
Should your organization focus on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria? In most cases, yes—ESG can help your company access new financial opportunities, especially if potential investors want more insight into your company’s corporate performance.
Join us to explore what ESG encompasses, why you should be engaged in trends, and steps to move your organization forward. Our industry leaders will provide perspectives on these topics and give insight into key ESG developments.
· The definition of ESG and who’s responsible for oversight and implementation
· The impact of ESG on corporate performance
· ESG measurement platforms and reporting criteria
· SEC developments
This course will provide an overview of the recent SEC and PCAOB developments, including
– An SEC rulemaking update
– Recent SEC enforcement matters
– Trends in SEC comment letters
– Trends in PCAOB activities
Participants within this course will gain valuable insights from a public accounting perspective into how new SEC rules and PCAOB focus areas will impact companies, auditors, and investors in an ever-changing
regulatory world. Topics to be covered will also include a 2022 update on the proposed SEC ESG
disclosure requirements and what we expect to come in 2023 and beyond.
Gain an understanding of PCAOB developments and how they can impact your audit. Learn about inspection findings and areas of focus for the coming year.
– PCAOB recent developments
– Inspection findings
– What’s next in 2023
Topics will include:
– Inspection priorities
– 2022 Enforcement actions
– How to avoid trouble
– Insurance issues
The threat landscape has changed dramatically, with increased velocity, volume, and impact of criminal,
hacktivist, and opportunistic attacks. Ransomware defense and response have become the number one priority of most organizations. What are the top threat vectors and what can we do to keep up with ever-evolving malicious actors.
– The evolution and timeline of cyber attacks
– Cyber security statistics and monetary impacts
– What can we do not to be the next news headline
Both Tim and Deryck have relevant experience working directly with Audit Committees in the Board Room, and will share what’s Top of Mind for the Key Stakeholders in these discussions in Q4 of this year and into the next. Please join us for a spirited conversation on how best to prepare for your future sessions.
– Top of Mind for Audit Committees, CFOs, and Internal Audit Leaders
– Deeper dive into ESG and Cybersecurity as relevant to all
– Human Capital outlook in Q4