This course provides a high-level overview of bankruptcy and the roles of forensic accountants that work with bankruptcy engagements. Our overview employs three different scenarios to give learners a broad understanding of the field.
▪ Describe the different types of bankruptcy.
▪ Match the bankruptcy type with the entity that is eligible to file for it.
▪ Explain the different roles a forensic accountant can play in bankruptcy engagements.
▪ Explain how the role of a forensic accountant may change depending upon the client.
▪ Describe the four types of bankruptcy fraud.
▪ Identify the various forms of financial documentation that may need to be filed in a bankruptcy engagement.
▪ List the key concepts of valuation and insolvency issues.
▪ Recognize specific laws and deadlines set by the bankruptcy court and the IRS, and describe any recent changes to those laws.
▪ Define specific bankruptcy-related concepts such as insolvency.
▪ Describe the role of a CRO in bankruptcy engagements.
Accountants and others who are considering entering the field of forensic accounting.