Colorado Springs Chapter Colorado Society of CPAs
The Wayfair Decision and More
Understanding the Wayfair Decision and other recent Colorado tax developments
In this presentation, Bruce Nelson of EKS&H, will discuss the implications of the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision in Wayfair and several current Colorado tax developments. Specifically, he will review the key elements of the Wayfair decision and address what we know, what we do not know, and what advice we should be providing in light of the ruling. In addition. Bruce will address the practical consequences of the current Colorado litigation in Agilent and Oracle and the Department of Revenue’s proposed changes to sourcing sales for sales tax purposes. The topics addressed include:
· A close review of the decision itself.
· What wasn’t addressed by the Court?
· Identifying the current nexus standards.
· Is the physical presence test completely gone?
· What are states doing now?
· Will the law be applied retroactively?
· What steps must I take now to make sure my business or my clients are ready?
Save the Date!
November 8th, 2018 – Betsy Mangone, President Colorado Planned Giving Roundtable Charitable Giving Update
December 6th, 2018 – Lou Barnes, Economic Update
Boulder Cork, 3295 30th Street, Boulder CO 80301