This CPE course explores the impact of change management on an organization and how to successfully implement changes. It investigates various models of the change process, such as Lewin’s three-stage model and force field analysis and the theories of Beer and Nohria. It looks into the role of the change leader and Kotter’s 8-step process for leading change. It explores Kotter and Schlesinger’s method of dealing with resistance to change, and identifies change agents. The course examines ways executives can manage change by helping employees through mentoring and coaching, and addresses the possibility of having to manage decline instead of growth. It finally addresses the ethics of change management, as well as the importance of embracing change as an ongoing process.
▪ Identify the tools, techniques and models associated with organizational change.
▪ Identify approaches, styles and strategies of change management.
▪ Recognize the role of the change leader in effective strategic communication.
▪ Identify key aspects of change leadership, including group and team formation, team building, and using change agents.
▪ Differentiate the different styles of management on the successful implementation of strategy by comparing advantages and disadvantages.
▪ Perform executive mentoring and coaching to promote effective change leadership.
▪ Recognize the importance of adaptation and continuous change.
▪ Team building, collaboration, group formation and shared knowledge and accountability
▪ The importance of managing critical periods of adaptive, evolutionary, reconstructive and revolutionary change
▪ Tools, techniques and models associated with organizational change
▪ Approaches, styles and strategies of change management
▪ Change leadership and its role in the successful implementation of strategy role of the change leader in effective strategic communication
▪ The advantages and disadvantages of different styles of management on the successful implementation of strategy
▪ Executive mentoring and coaching to promote effective change leadership
CGMA exam candidates
Management accountants wanting to develop skills in strategy development and implementation.
Management accounting experience or the equivalent.