This webcast is part of the Tax Staff Essentials program. This webcast arms you with clarity about alternatives regarding choice of entity. We will detail the costs, advantages and disadvantages of each alternative. Afterwards, you will be empowered to have focused discussions with your clients. You will then be empowered to have focused discussions with your clients. Additionally, you will feel confident in offering recommendations to clients who own businesses or are planning to do so.
• Identify the types of business entities and the tax advantages and disadvantages of each.
• Identify circumstances that warrant converting from S to C Corporation and gain a basic understanding of how to make the conversion.
• Interpret tax issues related to the formation of a corporation.
• Evaluate other considerations regarding different entities and the impact on the business owner.
• Types of entities
• Formation and elections
• Start-up and organization costs
• Advantages and disadvantages comparison
3-5 years of tax experience