Creating the Investment Policy Statement (On-Demand) 2019
Are you educating your clients on the tax effects and opportunities available for their investment portfolio? Illustrating how the Investment Policy Statement (IPS) guides the planner and client through the investment process, this three-part course offers strategies applicable to investment planning. This module covers the components needed to create an investment policy statement, including income tax planning and strategies and allocation strategies, services most financial advisers do not take into consideration. The last section pulls it all together, describing how to develop the IPS, identifying the components of the IPS, and a discussion on how the IPS provides guidance for the personal financial planner and client throughout the engagement. This course features a handout which includes a complete Investment Policy Statement sample you will refer to time and again in your practice.
- Differentiate among the various types of tax rates for capital assets.
- Recall tax treatment of basis in IRC Section 1091 transactions.
- Determine the taxation of a loss on IRC Section 1244 stock.
- Recall the impact the investment time horizon has on an investment portfolio.
- Identify special liquidity considerations.
- Recognize the legal obligation mandated by an investment policy statement.
- Identify the components of an investment policy statement.
- Income Tax Planning and Strategies.
- Asset Class Allocation.
- Strategy Investment Policy Statement.
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend