We’ll sort through the complexities. Employment law issues impact nearly all businesses, governmental entities and not-for-profit organizations. This update examines employer liability for discrimination of all types, including: • Disability discrimination and violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) • Wage and hour laws • Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) • Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) • Expensive lessons learned for simple Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA) violations We’ll also cover noncompete covenants and pitfalls for employers approached by employees of competitors. You’ll learn how nondisclosure and nonsolicitation agreements can provide many of the protections – without some of the downsides – of noncompetes. We’ll explore cases that show common ways employers violate employment laws. This webcast includes a 50-state survey of noncompete agreements, which addresses the various states’ positions on enforceability, restrictions and scope, standards, consideration and judicial revisions of noncompetes.
– Interpret the many forms of discrimination which lead to small and large damage awards against employers.
– Evaluate trends in discrimination claims, including trending topics that expose organizations to claims under the ADA.
– Assess employer liability issues related to FMLA, HIPAA and COBRA compliance.
– Assess the most common violations of wage and hour laws.
– Analyze factors that result in noncompetes being unenforceable and alternative means of protecting proprietary employer information.
• Discrimination of all types and “hot topics” in EEOC enforcement cases involving discrimination
• Employee and non-employee ADA claims and trends
• FMLA, HIPAA and COBRA eligibility standards and violations, including permissible health inquiries
• Effective employer responses to overtime claims, classification issues and rest breaks
• Common provisions that can result in a noncompete being unenforceable
Experience in, and knowledge of,