Webinar (AICPA): Employment Law Update: Reducing Employer Liability
Employment law issues affect virtually every business, governmental entity, and not-for-profit organization. This update examines trends in employment- related claims and settlements including; members of protected classes and the implications of that membership; analysis of state trends in employment litigation; e-employment and cyber issues such as employee and employer social media rights; device and internet use and monitoring; employer liability issues for employee internet use; telecommuting and “off-the-clock” work issues; wrongful termination; bullying and its implications; harassment; and retaliation. This course also introduces you to the Employment Claim Risk Assessment Tool, which provides you a framework to analyze your organization’s or your client’s exposures to employment-related claims.
– Interpret recent trends in employment claims and employer liability.
– Assess employment and cyber employment risks to your organization or a client’s organization.
– determine why retaliation claims and suits are increasing dramatically.
– Analyze factors leading to all types of harassment claims, including sexual harassment.
– Evaluate how wrongful termination
– Evaluate how wrongful termination claims fit in the framework of claims made in common employment suits.
– Employment issues related to social media, e-device and bring your own device (BYOD), internet use, and website contents
– Wrongful termination, at-will employment, constructive discharge and retaliation
– Dealing with whistleblowers in all types of organizations
– Factors that lead to employers being sued for multi-million dollar verdicts in favor of former employees
– Using a risk assessment tool to assess employment claim exposures
CPE Field of Study
Who Should Attend
Experience in, and knowledge of, employment law issues encountered by businesses and non-profits
11:00 am - 3:00 pm MDT