This CPE self-study course will give you an understanding of the federal income taxation of trusts and decedentsâ€™ estates, along with the effects certain tax scenarios have on the beneficiaries of those trusts and estates
Also discussed are some basic planning options that can help minimize your clients’ taxes during income accumulation, distribution, or the transfer of wealth to intended beneficiaries.
▪ Understand the concept of a trust and the various types of trusts.
▪ Advise clients on filing requirements for Forms 706 and 709.
▪ Identify the elements of an estate and grantor trusts.
▪ Minimize transfer taxes by incorporating exemptions and credits.
▪ Understand statutory provisions that mandate or protect interests of a decedent’s spouse and/or children.
▪ Types of trusts
▪ Trustee powers
▪ Recognition and realization of income
▪ Elements of an estate
▪ Taxation of Trusts and Estates
▪ Basic concepts of estate planning
CPAs, financial advisors, estate attorneys