Fair value is widely used in accounting and financial reporting for all entities, including not-for-profits (NFPs). In this CPE course, you will learn about fair value measurement techniques for unique transactions that are a challenge for many not-for-profits, such as noncash contributions, promises to give, split-interest agreements, guarantees, and certain investments. You will have an opportunity to work through several real world examples and scenarios.
▪ Define fair value
▪ Identify accounting guidance related to fair value measurements
▪ Recall the transactions whose fair value measurement is challenging for NFPs
▪ Differentiate between the techniques used to measure the fair value of certain assets and liabilities
▪ Fair value measurement
▪ The fair value hierarchy
▪ Techniques to measure fair value
▪ Present value techniques
▪ Measurement approaches for valuing liabilities
CPAs, financial professionals and NFP board members who need a basic overview of fair value issues specific to NFPs.