This course provides a high-level overview of the divorce process and the roles of Forensic Accountants that work on the financial aspects of divorce cases. Our overview employs two different situations to give learners a broad understanding of the field and what is expected.
Format: Audio, Video, Interactive Elements
▪ Describe the different types of divorce cases
▪ Explain the different roles of a forensic accountant in divorce cases
▪ Describe the qualifications a forensic accountant needs to take on a divorce case
▪ Define tracing and valuation and its importance in a divorce case.
▪ Describe the phases of a divorce case (discovery, findings etc) from a forensic accountants perspective
▪ Discuss the importance of learning and following each state’s family law guidelines
Accountants and others who are considering entering the field of forensic accounting.