This course describes the techniques typically employed to prevent, detect and investigate fraud within the organization. Topics include the impact of fraud on business and society, common profiles of fraud perpetrators, types of fraud schemes, fraud triangle, risk issues, corporate governance, and fraud risk assessment and process controls. The relevant components and steps of a prepared report are explained as well as the implementation of a remediation process and related plan of action.
Format: Audio, Video, Interactive Elements
▪ Define fraud
▪ Identify common profiles of fraud perpetrators and fraud schemes
▪ Describe the basis for concern about fraud and its economic impact to an organization
▪ Explain the common techniques typically employed to prevent, detect and investigate fraud
▪ Recall how evidence is obtained, organized, and preserved
▪ Explain the process of creating relevant components of a prepared report
▪ Describe the implementation of a remediation process and its related plan of action
Accountants and others who are considering entering the field of forensic accounting.