Governmental and Employer Retirement Plans (On-Demand) 2019
In this four-part, 4-hour narrated PowerPoint video, moderator Tom Tillery will examine Governmental Plans, Qualified Retirement Plans, and Other Employer Retirement Plans, including: Section 401(a) plans, Section 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plans, and Section 457 deferred compensation plans. In addition, the two types of qualified plans covered in this course are defined benefit plans and defined contribution plans, along with the three most common defined benefit plans (traditional defined benefit plan, a cash balance pension plan, and a 412(i) plan). Finally, in Part Four, we cover IRAs, Keogh plans and other plans for the self-employed, SIMPLE plans, and non-qualified plans.
- Identify the types of investments permitted in an IRC Section 403(b) retirement plan.
- Recognize differences between IRC Sections 457(b) and 457(f) non-qualified deferred compensation plans.
- Calculate a retirement benefit using the unit benefit formula.
- Identify features common to both traditional defined benefit plans and target benefit plans.
- Choose the most appropriate qualified plan based on facts and circumstances.
- Identify the types of Keogh plans.
- Recall the eligibility requirements for simplified employee pension (SEP) plans.
- Governmental Plans, including:
Section 401(a) plans
Section 403(b) tax-sheltered annuity plans
Section 457 deferred compensation plans
- Qualified Retirement Plans, including:
Defined benefit plans
Defined contribution plans
- Other Retirement Plans, including:
Traditional defined benefit plan
Cash balance pension plans
Other plans for the self-employed