This CPE course focuses on the main accounting standards associated with financial instruments, namely:
▪ IAS 39, Financial Instruments: Recognition and Measurement
▪ IFRS 7, Financial Instruments: Disclosures
▪ IFRS 9, Financial Instruments
The course leads off with an introduction to hedge accounting and then follows with further discussion on derivatives, hedge accounting rules, adoption of hedge accounting, and finally concludes with discussion on the disclosure of financial instruments.
▪ Select the appropriate accounting treatment of hedge accounting (cash flow, fair value and net investment), IFRS 9 (or IAS 39, before effective date for IFRS 9)
▪ Recognize the impact of adoption of hedge accounting on financial statements and on stakeholder assessment
▪ Identify disclosure of financial risk, including policies for managing such risk (IFRS 7, Financial Instruments: Disclosures)
▪ The appropriate accounting treatment of hedge accounting
▪ The impact of adoption of hedge accounting on financial statements and on stakeholder assessment
▪ Disclosure of financial risk, including policies for managing such risk
CGMA exam candidates
Management accountants wanting to develop skills in corporate financial strategy and implementation.
Management accounting experience or the equivalent.