This CPE course examines information systems management, including data mining, data warehousing, and Big Data. It provides information on marketing for information systems and discusses the implementation of a knowledge management strategy.
▪ Identify methods to exploit information to gain competitive advantage, including the collection, analysis, storage and management of data.
▪ Recognize the strategic and competitive impact of information systems, including Big Data.
▪ Recognize knowledge management systems and knowledge based organizations.
▪ The classifications of knowledge.
▪ Learning organizations.
▪ Knowledge management systems and knowledge-based organizations.
▪ Competing through exploiting information rather than technology (e.g., use of databases to identify potential customers or market segments, and the collection, analysis, storage and management of data).
▪ Contemporary developments in the commercial use of the internet (e.g., e-business, virtual organizations and Web 2.0, Big Data, social and other forms of digital marketing).
▪ The role of Big Data and digitisation in knowledge-based organizations.
CGMA exam candidates
Management accountants wanting to develop skills in strategy development and implementation.
Management accounting experience or the equivalent.